PRN: Physicians Resource Network
MCMS is excited to offer free confidential counseling services
that support physician well-being, resilience and growth.
MCMS is dedicated to addressing the needs of our members by providing this voluntary resource. Physician burnout manifests itself with disengagement, depression, relationship difficulties, early retirement, substance abuse, and suicide. Physicians tend to seek help to a lesser degree and at a later stage than other professional groups. Our hope is to reduce the barriers that typically prevent physicians from getting the help they need and deserve.
Counseling could help you:
· deal with the stress of litigation or a traumatic event
· find a meaningful way to get your life back on track
· address feelings of anxiety and/or depression
· create a better work/life balance between your career and personal life
· resolve relationship issues and reconnect with family and friends
· develop strategies to deal with difficult patients or colleagues
· cope more effectively with burnout, adverse events or medical errors
· thrive in an ever-changing professional environment
· reclaim satisfaction in your career and personal life
MCMS has contracted with independent, doctorate-level therapistswho have been evaluated by the volunteer MCMS Physician Wellness Committee. These licensed professionals are experienced in counseling health care providers and have demonstrated dedication to the needs of the MCMS physician. Our providers will maintain a confidential file for each physician. No insurance will be billed and MCMS will not be given any information about those who utilize the program. MCMS will pay providers based on the number of sessions conducted. MCMS membership will be verified with the physician finder on our website.
MCMS will provide up to 3 complimentary sessions per calendar year as a benefit to our members. (If you are not currently a member and would like to utilize these services, you may join here.)
Although MCMS has vetted the contracting therapists for general suitability, basic qualifications, and Alabama licensure to provide services, we do not independently verify their credentials nor do we guarantee their suitability for any particular issue for which a MCMS member may seek therapy. Referrals can be made to psychiatric care for more complex medical needs.
The Physicians Resource Network is a confidential service offered to MCMS members. Usage of these services does not need to be disclosed on hospital privilege applications. The Physicians Referral Network is an unrelated entity and does need to be disclosed.
GETTING STARTED:1. Select a contracted provider from the list below.
2. Call/email provider and identify yourself as a Madison County Medical Society member.
3. At your first appointment you will be asked to sign the PRN Policy Statement which will be kept by your therapist. You will also be asked to fill out a demographic survey at each visit which will be sent to MCMS. These de-identified surveys will be used to evaluate program effectiveness and will serve as proof of visit.
Call for appointment
Taking care of the caregivers
Take care of your patients by taking care of yourself. The Physicians Resource Network is intended to provide a safe harbor for physicians to address normal life difficulties in a confidential and professional environment.
Special thanks to the Medical Association of the State of Alabama, Huntsville Hospital, the Madison County Medical Alliance, ProAssurance, and Dr. Hayes Whiteside for their generous donations to the Physicians Resource Network counseling program.
Thanks also to BlueCross Blue Shield of Alabama, ServisFirst Bank, Crestwood Medical Center, and Fyzical Therapy & Balance Centers for their support of the MCMS Wellness Initiative.
HEALTHY PHYSICIANS = HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
If you'd like to support this mission with a tax deductible contribution through our Alliance, visit this site. Your donations greatly are appreciated!